4th Women in STEM Leadership Summit
Date: 23rd - 26th, March 2020
Only 16 per cent of Australia’s STEM-qualified workforce is female, leaving a significant inequality in the representation of female leaders. To improve these statistics, the Australian Government, in partnership with the Australian Academy of Science and the Australian Academy of Engineering & Technology, have initialised the Decadal Plan for women in STEM. The plan increases the visibility and engagement of STEM in education and other association programs such as Superstars of STEM.
However, focusing solely on encouraging females in the industry without fixing the leaky pipeline will cause more harm than good. Junior leaders are excited to fix the world's problems, but see a lack of career potential and hovering negative stigmas, causing us to lose fresh thinking as they look elsewhere for career establishment.
Join us, along with leaders of each sub-sector, to collaborate and converse on the vital leadership skills for female leaders. Hear how to become a high capacity leader and nurture supportive workplace cultures for female leadership, creating momentum for career growth and life-changing science. Build the foundations for above-and-beyond leadership and tackle the negative issues plaguing the industry. You will leave with a personalised action plan to transform your leadership journey and infuse the benefits of female leadership throughout your organisation.
- Sharpening your leadership skills to promote yourself & your work
- Tangible strategies to create innovative & adaptable leaders
- Embodying the leader who uncovers the negative stigmas & creates positive change
- Mastering communication techniques & engaging business stakeholders with empathy & influence
Featured Speakers include:
- Simone Richter, Group Executive, Nuclear Science & Technology and Landmark Infrastructure - ANSTO
- Dr Shelley Dolan, Chief Executive Officer - Peter McCallum Cancer Centre
- Melissa Osborne, Chief Technology Officer - Dell Technologies
- Mary-Ellen Feeney, Global Technology Leader & Geospatial Technical Director - Jacobs
Book Now with priority code QA3 for a 10% discount!
Phone: +61 2 8239 9711