- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- $76K - $91K + choice of 15.4% super
- Adelaide Location
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
About the Role
ABC Adelaide are looking for an experienced Social Media Producer to help lead the Adelaide social media strategy to increase reach across digital platforms and connect our content with existing and new audiences.
As the Social Media Producer you will:
- Manage and drive the social media strategy and projects for News and Radio
- Monitor and engage in a variety of social media communities across the major social platforms
- Create content for social platforms that engages audiences
- Monitor and analyse user data and audience metrics from social media tools
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with state and national colleagues
You will be social media savvy with experience curating and creating content for a news media organisation.
You'll also possess the following skills and experience.
- Experience in digital production, particularly video editing
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing metrics related to engagement and reach, and using these in decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of shifting audience habits and how they use mobile devices
- Ability to identify opportunities to grow and engage audiences for news and information content on social media platforms
- Effective teamwork, communication, and time management skills
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Social Media Producer, Adelaide - PD.docx
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Barry Keohane, Content Director on (08) 8343 4409
Applications Close: 29 March 2018
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.