With approximately 6,500 staff, approximately $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We have a permanent opportunity for a Network Integration Manager looking to leverage their skills and play a crucial interface role on Queensland’s number 1 infrastructure project.
Working in a dynamic and challenging environment, you will be responsible for interfacing with the Network business function to lead, identify and deliver operational readiness activities and engagement for the European Train Control System (ETCS) and CRR (Cross River Rail).
The key to your success will be your proven experience in Network Operations and one or more of its associated disciplines, along with exceptional stakeholder engagement and demonstrated experience delivering complex scopes of work on multi-disciplinary rail projects.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Lead, develop and manage a program of works to enable the successful implementation of Major Projects as it relates to Network Operations activities.
- Take a lead role as the key specialist and point of contact in Major Projects in relation to programs of work being managed by the projects ensuring that Network needs are met and that strong stakeholder relationships are maintained.
- Lead key stakeholders, subject matter experts and advisors ensuring they have the capability and leadership support to deliver a high level of advice, support and technical expertise to both Network and Major Projects.
- Identify, acquire and direct resources required, assuming performance management responsibility for both internal and contracted resources.
- Ensure that the unit has work plans in place that complement those of the relevant project (e.g. CRR and ETCS) and manage all deliverables required by Network and ensure that the unit delivers against planned milestones and benchmarks and reports as required to senior leaders.
- Conduct and implement Change and Risk Management activities throughout the project life cycle and conduct appropriate consultation with stakeholders.
- Assume responsibility for compliance with safety frameworks and safety outcomes across the scope of work.
You will have:
- High level of operational project, change and risk management skills, to oversee the operationalisation of a complex scope of works relevant to a Rail Operations business and the efficient running of the Network.
- High level leadership skill in successful management of multi-disciplinary professionals.
- High level of interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Substantial knowledge of the Queensland Rail Network and Safeworking.
- Substantial knowledge of IT systems and processes relevant to train operations.
- High level problem solving and analytical skills.
Position Description 75117.pdf
Enhanced remuneration package will be offered to the right applicant and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates only.
If you can demonstrate a high level of knowledge or experience in the above criteria, please apply to position number 75117 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Thursday 24th January 2019. Please note a formal response to the key selection criteria is not required.
Applications can be addressed to Rachel Groves, Senior Recruitment Adviser. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen and video screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.