Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
We are seeking a Software and Systems Engineer to join our Operational Systems Engineering team. The role requires expertise across software and database development, configuration and hardware aspects of a diverse range of mission critical computer-based systems including train control, passenger information and other integration systems.
Duties will include:
- Involvement in all parts of the Software Development Lifecycle to support the development and maintenance of computer-based mission critical systems.
- Working within a team environment for the delivery of projects involving system design and architecture, software and database development, integration with internal and other ICT systems, documentation and configuration.
- Provide second line assistance (including on-call) to maintenance and operational staff who use Operational Systems Engineering delivered systems.
- Commissioning of new and upgraded systems and components which may include weekend and after hours works (penalty rates paid where applicable).
- Liaising with internal and external customers, stakeholders and other development teams as well as internal technical support staff.
- Provide mentoring in software development to other team members.
- Reviewing and verifying the development of requirements, software and system design and test documentation.
- Working overtime when required to meet delivery deadlines (penalty rates paid where applicable.)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical or Computer Systems)
- Substantial experience in software and systems design.
- Substantial software development experience in C++ and C#.
- Experience in Delphi and Modula-2 would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience with distributed systems, messaging and integration would be desirable.
- Strong knowledge of desktop and server Operating Systems, hardware and networking.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the rail industry or knowledge of railway signaling systems would be desirable but not essential.
The salary range on offer for this role is $103,995 - $111,287 (depending on experience) plus super.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Apply to position number 65713 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, Thursday 28th May, 2020.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity contact Colette Brock on (07) 3072 2568.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a medical assessment and an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.