Supervisor GIS - [Archived Advertisement]
Snowy Monaro Regional Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supervisor GIS. In this position you will be responsible for maintaining and developing land, property and geographic information systems – within each Council department; and to implement relevant procedures, policies and protocols throughout Council. The position will identify work priorities with the GIS Committee and assist / train key positions within each department to ensure effective ongoing operation of land and property based systems.
- Qualifications and/or equivalent experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) administration and management,
- Demonstrated skills in spatial analysis and map production using GIS,
- Experience / qualifications and/or working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel) as well as Corporate Systems,
- Experience working between internal clients / departments within a large organization; and
- Class C Drivers Licence, ongoing employment is conditional on maintaining this Licence
- Experience managing and maintaining spatial data in a database,
- A working knowledge of town planning, rating and subdivision processes and procedures,
- Basic working knowledge of relevant legislation (Local Government Act & relevant regulations); and
- Experience working autonomously under a management team / committee as distinct from a line manager.
Annual Salary $82,721 + 9.5% Super
Expressions of Interest should be marked “Confidential Job Application” and sent to Human Resources Officer
Post: PO Box 143, Berridale NSW 2628 OR Email: email@example.com
You will receive a receipt of application within 5 days if you don’t please contact People & Culture 1300 345 345
Snowy Monaro Regional Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and enforces a safe and smoke free workplace.
We may request background checks.
For assistance in completing your application please contact People and Culture on 1300 345 345
Applications open 4 April 2018 and Close 22 April 2018
- Closing Date:
- 22 Apr 2018
- NSW - Berridale
- $82,721 + 9.5% Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Database Development, Management & Administration