Technical Services Specialist
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Technical Services Specialist
Division: WORKFORCE & INF SERVICES
Unit: TECHNOLOGY & DIGITAL SRV
Section: TECHNICAL SERVICES
Salary: $151,694 - $173,301 package including Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney's Technology & Digital Services Unit has an exciting role within the Technical Services team and is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Technical Services Specialist to lead IT infrastructure design and implementation projects.
Additionally the role provides senior technical expertise in order to administer, operate and support the Council's on premise and Cloud-based environments, server & data storage facilities and local and wide area data and voice communications networks.
Working under the direction of the Manager IT Technical Services you will perform a critical role in supporting the Technology & Digital Services unit and the City in achieving its vision for 2030. Other positions in the Technical Services team indirectly report to this position. The incumbent may lead and direct those staff on day to day tasks and projects.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a senior IT technical lead role including developing and implementing IT infrastructure strategy, architectures and designs, and leading teams to implement, administer and support that infrastructure.
- Experience in developing and implementing Cloud solutions with a focus on Microsoft Azure & Office365.
- Extensive experience implementing, managing and supporting core IT infrastructure including VMware, Storage Area Networks and arrays, Nutanix HCI, Cisco networking and DRP/BCP
- Extensive experience in administering, supporting and maintaining Windows Server (2008 and above) environments including Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, Skype for Business and other advanced server functionality such as clustering.
- Extensive experience supporting and maintaining LAN and WAN facilities and knowledge of Cisco network equipment, Checkpoint firewalls and network/communications protocols and network management systems
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline or the equivalent experience gained by practical application over a sustained period of time, and/or specific qualifications e.g. MSCE, CCNA, CCNP, CCSE, VCP, VCAP, ITIL etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write clear and appropriate reports, memos and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to provide a high level of customer service in a professional manner
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger - delivering great things for our city's dynamic future
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by Sunday, 26 August 2018.
For further information contact: Adam Major, Manager IT Technical Services on 02 92659508.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 24 Aug 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- $151,694 - $173,301 package including Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Full Time