Asset Strategy & Systems Manager
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Asset Strategy & Systems Manager
Division: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICE
Unit: STRATEGY & URBAN ANALYTICS
Section: ASSET STRATEGY & SYSTEMS
Salary: AUD 161,017.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full-time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City is seeking an experienced, organised and highly motivated Asset Strategy and Systems Manager to join our Strategy and Urban Analytics team.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and championing corporate asset management policies, strategies and systems based on life cycle asset management principles to achieve best value for Council and the community.
You will be required to develop a sustainable funding model for infrastructure assets linked to the City's Long Term Financial Plan based on reliable and integrated data and information to enable better decisions.
You will manage the team that facilitates and manages a corporate asset management system that is integrated to the City's corporate systems and utilises mobile technology to ensure accurate asset registers, works planning and management of the City's infrastructure.
To perform successfully in this role you will have the following skill sets:
- demonstrated experience in asset systems, asset management and associated planning, research and development at a management level
- demonstrated experience in financial management and budget preparation particularly in relation to asset management, planning and infrastructure funding
- demonstrated experience in data management and analysis
- high level analytical and problem solving skills
- proven ability to plan, lead, organise and control projects
- proven record of leadership in decision making, directing and guiding staff to achieve goals effectively and efficiently
- well developed negotiating, advocacy and presentation skills
- high level customer service skills.
At the City you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger - delivering great things for our city's dynamic future.
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Sunday 30 September 2018.
For further information contact: Kate Deacon, Executive Manager Research, Strategy and Corporate Planning on 02 9246 7252.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Sep 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 161,017.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Full Time