- Key strategic and operational leadership role
- Foster a culture of innovation and ongoing development
- Sydney CBD
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
Our Information Technology Department supports the Bank's policy, operational and corporate objectives by providing strategic IT direction, and ensures resilience in internal applications and critical systems that support payments, banking and financial markets.
As Chief Information Officer you’ll lead and continuously develop a world-class information technology function that plays a critical role in supporting the Bank to achieve its objectives.
About the role:
- Operational and strategic leadership of the IT function within the Bank, with overall accountability for technology, people, governance, and financials
- Leadership of ‘business as usual’ activities, ensuring reliable operation of resilient and secure IT infrastructure
- Execution of our existing technology strategy, including completion of a number of large and medium sized projects critical to the operation of Bank systems
- Keeping abreast of developments in technology that represent opportunities for innovation or may impact the Bank in future
This role requires a Commonwealth security clearance that can only be obtained by Australian citizens.
We’re seeking a seasoned IT leader to manage all aspects of our IT department while fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation and ongoing development.
- Experience in a technology leadership role with both operational and strategic components, managing a large staff complement across a diverse IT environment
- Experience within the financial services or banking sector advantageous
- Interpersonal skills required to negotiate, persuade, and communicate at all levels
- Relevant degree qualifications
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications.
Applications close 23 March 2018.
Please note that we will not be accepting applications from recruitment agencies.