Marketing and Communications
Reference no. 647/0417
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in management
- Opportunity to deliver on the University’s web strategy
- Full-time, fixed term for 9 months, a competitive remuneration package will be offered which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Marketing and Communications is a professional service unit responsible for communicating the University’s values and messages in ways that target audiences - including prospective students, current students, staff, alumni, donors and external influencers - notice and understand, and which prompt them to action.
The Web Program is a large, complex and multi-faceted program that seeks to rebuild multiple University websites in the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) content management system (CMS). Leading a cross-functional process to design and build multiple web-based projects and map and manage existing services, the Web Program Delivery Manager needs the ability to create strong engagement with multiple program stakeholders in development of program road maps, execution plans and tracking risks and issues.
In this position, you will:
- manage the planning, execution and overall program management of the Web Program and its associated projects
- provide project management leadership and expert advice throughout the development and establishment of project plans across work streams
- manage overarching program governance and reporting throughout implementation
- manage program stakeholders and collaborate with project teams to ensure that project deliverables and milestones are achieved
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of teaching and research excellence. We are looking for a Web Program Delivery Manager who possesses:
- demonstrated experience in the management of large scale, complex programs of work with multiple projects and significant business impacts
- experience managing people, vendors and budgets for large scale projects
- ability to work in a complex and challenging environment.
- postgraduate qualifications and/or extensive relevant work experience
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in the power of effective leadership in education and research to makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
and search by the reference number to apply. Closing date: 11:30pm 3 May 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities. ©
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.