Research Reporting, Analysis, Data and Systems (RRADS)
Reference no. 1265/0618CF
- Use your great knowledge of SQL and SSRS reporting
- Based at our Camperdown campus
- 2 roles – 1x Full-time continuing and 1x full-time fixed-term for 6 months, HEO7, $106K-$116K p.a. including base salary, leave loading superannuation.
About the opportunity
As part of the Information Systems team within the Research Office, the main purpose of the position is to provide and devise data manipulation, cleansing and alignment services in the management of information systems data within the Research Portfolio, specifically in connection with the collection and reporting of ERA and HERDC quality data and research performance indicators; Academic Profiles; EDW data; and Academic Planning & Development (AP&D).
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for two Senior Applications and Data Administrators who possess:
- excellent knowledge of data manipulation techniques to ensure data consistency across a wide range of datasets extracted from various sources
- the ability to organise and contribute to reviews of data collection methodologies, policy and procedures at an organisational and operational unit level
- advanced knowledge of enterprise systems (either HR or Finance or Students or Research) and PC software packages (SQL (essential), Excel and Access desirable) and their application to data management
- extensive reporting systems experience (SSRS (essential), Tableau, Excel, Access and associated BI reporting tools are desirable)
- knowledge of the HERDC & ERA, research quality assessment indicators and associated data analysis and reporting requirements
- extensive experience with enterprise systems and database packages
- extensive experience with extraction of datasets from varied sources
- a degree in a related discipline with statistics, data management and manipulation components.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australias first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
The DVCR also provides oversight for the governance and operations of the Charles Perkins Centre, The Brain and Mind Research Institute, the Australian Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology and the Centre for Translational Data Science.
The position will be located within the RRADS group, one of six groups within the Research Portfolio that currently support the DVCR and researchers to achieve the University’s goals. The RRADS group is responsible for providing university wide reports and strategic information on research and research performance, managing government required reporting programs (ERA, Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC), SRE), managing data acquisition, coordinating application and system development to support business processes and requirements by developing and managing the data collection, analysing and reporting of the University’s research performance, including external obligations and internal absolute research performance reporting for the faculty funding model, and coordinating development of business systems to support business requirements.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1265/0618CF to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 26 July 2018 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.