- $67K - $71K + Super
- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Permanent full time position
- Job Ref: 17966
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This a fantastic opportunity for a ICT Service Desk Officer who enjoys contact with the community and internal support staff working with a dynamic team to provide customer-focused and efficient first level IT application and technical support for Council management and staff. The role also involves configuring and installing PC, mobile, voice and peripheral devices and providing support for users using PC packaged software.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Ability to resolve problems and service requests to endorsed standards in an efficient manner to ensure that users experience minimal inconvenience through IT issues.
- Ability to manage IT Service Desk tickets, incoming calls, and effectively operate the IT Service Desk system.
- Day to day decisions are required to ensure a high standard of service delivery whether working on the IT Service Desk or installing equipment for a user.
- Ability to manage user problems after hours and utilise the resources available and processes to be followed to effect a quick resolution.
- Communicate with the Unit Manager ICT Infrastructure and Services on a regular basis to enable each to keep up to date on current issues.
- IT support and working in an IT Service Desk environment
- Track record and desire to provide excellent customer service and support to users and management
- Experience in teaching staff how to use standard IT hardware and software
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to work in a team and operate unsupervised at times
- Experience in configuring and deploying PC hardware and software.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE
- Undergraduate degree in IT, Business Information Systems or relevant experience in a similar IT environment.
- Must have a current driver’s licence.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in an IT support environment.
- Certification in Microsoft Office products and Windows would be highly regarded.
- Good understanding of email systems.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Chris Rathborne on 0412 500 995.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 24 July 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.