Business Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Darebin City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Full Time, Maximum Term until 30 June 2022
- Salary circa $90k p.a. + super
- Convenient Preston location, close to train and tram with flexible work opportunities
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
The Business Analyst will work with project managers, business stakeholders and external vendors to assist project teams to understand and define business issues and scope of assigned initiatives.
The role will cover both delivery of business applications and improvements to the IT Infrastructure environment, both on-premises and cloud based. In addition, the Business Analyst will be involved in preparing and reviewing documentation for project initiation including procurement but also in relation to implementation stages and for transitioning purposes.
- Assist with the development of project plans including planning of schedules, tasks and resourcing for timely delivery of project outcomes
- Assist project team, through engagement with stakeholders and external vendors, with coordination of project delivery during different stages of implementation including testing solutions and project transition
- Contribute to risk management by identifying risks and issues, escalation logging and reporting and mitigation of business impacts
- Develop and maintain documentation to support business systems and infrastructure applications
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Business Analysis (or related discipline)
- Experience in a project environment, identifying issues, eliciting and capturing requirements across several business/operational disciplines
- High level of commitment, and understanding of compliance and legislative requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices including working from home options, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
Darebin values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter.
Contact Mark English, Project Manager on 03 8470 8943 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday 3 October 2021 at 11.30pm.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment
- Closing Date:
- 03 Oct 2021
- VIC - Preston
- Salary circa $90k p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Business Analyst/Systems Analyst/Reporting