Systems Administrator - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Autonomous role that will facilitate troubleshooting L2 and L3 complex issues
- Dynamic fast paced environment
- Permanent full time Opportunity based in Adelaide CBD
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000 MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000 MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our fast paced Information Technology team. Reporting to the Operations & Platforms Manager, your role would be to support operational systems, develop support plans, coordinate implementations and provide second and third level support.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop system support requirements by reviewing and analysing business processes and evaluating available Alinta Energy and/or supplier capabilities
- Ensure support plans and services meet Alinta Energy’s needs and expectations
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends and recommend appropriate price/performance improvement opportunities
- Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and configuration based on requirements
- Assist project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs
- Create or assist in the creation of plans that support the implementation of changes
- Ensure that security controls and integrity standards are maintained
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems and technologies, oversee installation and resolve adoption issues
- Analyse user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues
- Coach others in the application of new operational support technologies and capabilities
To be successful you will have:
- Planning, designing, deploying, and troubleshooting complex video conferencing technologies and solutions for enterprise level customers is highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and supporting desktop environment
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts, desktop and server operating systems
- Exceptional customer service orientation, able to identify and understand Alinta’s business requirements and ensure a result to our requests
- Good verbal and written communication skills, skill in gathering client requirements and the ability to write user-friendly documentation. The ability to translate technical IT concepts and issues for non-technical co-workers
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, ability to plan and achieve a variety of tasks
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to identify problems and their cause and develop solutions to meet client needs
- Able to set priorities for client requests and deal with several issues concurrently
- ITIL Foundations Certificate or previous experience in an ITIL environment
This is a great opportunity to further your career in an industry experiencing huge growth, utilising your initiative and judgment within a supportive team environment. You should possess a good team spirit demonstrating self-management and flexibility in taking on new challenges
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 29th October 2019
- Closing Date:
- 29 Oct 2019
- SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Engineering - Network/Systems Admin
Network and Systems