City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
This position will be responsible for providing leadership and management of the Digital Strategy & Information Technology Systems team to ensure high availability and maximum effectiveness of City of Darwin's business processes, corporate information, geographical information, telecommunications, data and information management systems and technology.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead and manage at an operational and strategic level to deliver effective and efficient digital outcomes that meets the needs of the business;
- Lead the development of new digital solutions, business systems and online services, including the implementation of third party digital solutions;
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team of information technology specialists to deliver technology and data management solutions in accordance with relevant Territory and Federal legislative requirements and adopting management standards to a ISO 20000 Service Management System Standard; and
- Analyse the business needs of the City of Darwin and select, implement and deliver digital and information management solutions to Council while developing innovative technology solutions that are robust, scalable and meet the future needs of Council.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Communication and Technology and a minimum of five (5) years' experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise in launching complex IT projects in a timely and cost effective approach including the ability to effectively communicate with and understand the needs of all clients, including non-technical internal clients;
- Proven experience in the leadership of staff and dealing with associated employee relations matters; and
- Proven experience in developing and managing out-sourced service level contracts with external suppliers including developing service level agreements with internal business departments/sections.
Applications close 5pm Monday 11 March 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources and Safety on 08 8930 0647.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer