- Partnering with the data management team
- Focus on delivering an uplift in GRE's data management ecosystems
- Manage a range of projects/business improvement initiatives
We currently have a full time, maximum-term (18 month) opportunity for a Project Manager – Data Initiatives to join QIC’s Global Real Estate (GRE) team in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Head of Global Real Estate Data Management, this role is focused on partnering across the data management team in delivering an uplift in Global Real Estate’s data management ecosystems. Following development of the GRE technology strategy, and establishment of the Data Management team; there is a need to further prioritise, scope (detailed), design, and manage a range of projects/business improvement initiatives to achieve a marked uplift in data management maturity within GRE.
The key accountabilities include though are not limited to:
- Working across the data management, data platforms/technology, data governance and data quality domains to affect an overall uplift in GRE's data maturity.
- In partnership with Head of GRE Data Management (and wider Business Performance and Technology function), developing a detailed implementation approach across the specific data/BI initiatives identified in the GRE Technology Strategy.
- Identifying delivery sequencing, scope, funding, resourcing, schedule, stakeholders and approval pathways.
- Working with both internal stakeholders and external vendor partners to deliver initiatives from idea, business case (as required), implementation/delivery, closure and lessons learned/backlog development.
The ideal candidate
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have extensive knowledge of data management concepts and technology implementations with strong demonstrated project definition and management capabilities. You will also be experienced in managing change and will collaborate with leaders to provide shape and guide teams through a Project and Change Management lens.
You will also be proficient and/or qualified, and experienced in the implementation and management of the following:
- Working with large legacy datasets and transitioning to new platforms, tools and data integration technologies
- Demonstrated experience in strong project definition, justification and project management capabilities, with certification preferred (PMBOK/Prince 2 or similar)
- Ability to proactively identify process risks and problem solve issues
- Ability to work closely with the business (internal partners and customers) and establish partnerships rather than transactional relationships
QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives offering infrastructure, real estate, private capital, liquid strategies and multi-asset investments. It is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia, with A$80 billion dollars (30 June 2019) in funds under management. QIC has over 1000 employees and serves more than 110 clients. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, QIC also has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen. For more information, please visit: www.qic.com and (www.qicgre.com -add in for GRE roles)
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation, one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and to know that their differences are valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.
Global Real Estate (GRE)
With approximately A$21 billion (30 June 2019) invested in Australian and international retail and commercial properties and a reputation for delivering predictable outcomes for clients over the long term, GRE’s team has specialist in-depth experience from deal origination and execution to asset management, leasing, marketing and development.
GRE originated in 1991 since QIC’s inception. Today, with professionals based in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Los Angeles and London, GRE is:
- Established platform where strategic funds management, asset management and property functions are actively managed in-house
- A stable, long-standing and respected team with specialist depth of expertise, known for discipline, consistent returns and focus
- Recognised as a regional shopping centre and commercial office specialist with a strong track record of development and redevelopment, with a long-term investment philosophy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal by 10pm 10 November 2019. QIC is a fast-moving organisation so we may start reviewing applications before the job ad closes. We are really interested in receiving your application so please apply as soon as possible.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
To learn more about life at QIC visit QIC Life
Follow QIC on LinkedIn to receive the latest industry news and job updates at QIC
For more information on our Global Real Estate division and our high performing assets, please visit www.qicgre.com