Join QIC's established Cyber Security function on an Open Term basis as a Security Architecture Lead. You will be a part of QIC’s IT, Risk & Security Team based in our Brisbane CBD head office.
In this newly created opportunity, you will provide specialist technical support and advice to management concerning modern security controls and processes, and advise on the latest techniques to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover against evolving cyber security threats.
The security architecture lead will work alongside cross functional technology teams to deliver modernised security strategies across the organisation and to ensure vulnerabilities are proactively managed and potential threats are exposed.
Your expertise in DevSecOps will play a critical role in securing QIC’s application development lifecycle.
The key accountabilities include:
- Security architecture and planning – provide advice and insight to QIC management on modern security architecture trends and best practice. Lead the planning, design and implementation of strategic, cross functional cybersecurity controls.
- Secure Development Lifecycle – play a critical role in supporting a Secure Development Lifecycle by embedding innovative security solutions within QIC’s agile development pipelines and operational environment in order to deliver business value at speed and with confidence
- Support, Assist and Advise – provide support to business units to ensure optimal use and application of cybersecurity processes and controls. Consultation with key stakeholders to ensure cybersecurity policies remain aligned with stakeholder requirements
- Incident Management – provide expert advice on incident management procedures including handling of security incidents, root cause analysis and impact, advising on appropriate action to prevent recurrence wherever possible
- Reporting and Communication – develop process for collecting relevant metrics and reporting of KRI’s over cybersecurity roadmap items
The ideal candidate:
This senior position will allow you to make your own mark on this newly created role. Use your expertise in agile methodology and deep understanding of security architecture principals across a breadth of technology domains to achieve results embedding contemporary security principals into QIC's development lifecycle.
In this role you will be working in a dedicated cyber security team, with QIC’s cloud technology and alongside QIC’s partners’ global security operation centre, using the best of breed technology solutions.
As a strong candidate for this role, you could have the following:
- Degree in Information Technology (or similar); recognised qualifications in Information Technology or Cybersecurity such as CISSP, CISA, GCIH;
- Experience architecting secured modern cloud environments
- Hands on experience managing security technologies
- Solid knowledge of information and technology risk management
- Background in implementing DevSecOps methodology and practices
- Experience interpreting vulnerability assessments and investigating code-level vulnerabilities
- Experienced in SPLUNK security information and events monitoring.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence tech and non-tech stakeholders to adopt a security first way of working
- Ability to lead and utilise own initiative adding value to the organisation
QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives with a focus on infrastructure, real estate and private capital. We also specialise in liquid market solutions, providing multi-asset portfolios, liquid alternatives, active fixed interest and tailored overlays for our clients.
We’re high-performing and care about our clients, our colleagues and society at large. Headquartered in Brisbane, QIC is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia with over 800 employees across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen.
Life at QIC
QIC values and embraces differences and is committed to building an inclusive culture as we know our people do their best when they bring their whole self to work. Our commitment is represented through initiatives including our Reconciliation Action Plan and employee-led diversity networks promoting LGBTI, young professionals and gender equality.
The wellbeing of our employees is at our core. We support your personal development, family and interests while empowering flexibility through initiatives such as; fitness reimbursements, wellness studio, study assistance and generous parental leave. At QIC, we know flexibility means something different to everyone; talk to us about what flexibility means to you. Click here for more information on benefits to support your QIC career journey.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our career’s portal. QIC is a fast-moving organisation so we may start reviewing applications before the job advert closes.
We encourage you to visit QIC and follow QIC LinkedIn for more information and the latest industry news.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by QIC’s Talent Acquisition team. Your respect for this process is appreciated.