- Lead social media strategy and content for Data61.
- Deliver a range of communication campaigns and activities.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation!
CSIRO’s Data61 is Australia’s data innovation network, part of the national science agency.
As the Corporate Communications Advisor, you will support the Communication Manager and their team to deliver high quality, coordinated communication activities to help promote Data61 as a leading R&D innovation partner that is central to Australia’s science innovation agenda.
By applying knowledge of emerging technologies and their impact, you will deliver a range of communication campaigns and activities to increase awareness of CSIRO Data61’s science and technology achievements, further building on its reputation as a leading data science and technology brand.
As part of both CSIRO Corporate Affairs and the Data61 communications team, you will be responsible for managing Data61’s channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and website. In this role you will play a key role in producing high quality content for publications, blogs, our e-newsletter Algorithm and other Data61 channels. As the Advisor, you will translate science and high-tech material into accessible and engaging content.
Your duties will include
- Support the delivery of Data61 communication strategies and activities in a fast moving, multi-channel environment including social and rich media.
- Contribute to the implementation of the BU communication strategy, ensuring alignment with the broader Corporate Affairs strategy.
- Lead and manage the Data61 channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and website.
- Research, write and edit content for external audiences in a variety of formats.
Location: Eveleigh ATP, NSW
Salary: AU$82K – AU$93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in journalism / communication or a related field, and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of communication plans, with strong project management and analytical skills.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communications skills, with attention to detail.
- Experience in digital content creation, managing social media tools and technologies, including social media management, monitoring and analytics tools.
- Experience in building, growing and nurturing online communities
- The ability to readily adapt to changing circumstances and to operate well with situations that lack clarity in order to achieve team objectives.
- Initiative and flexibility to contribute and work collaboratively across the Corporate Affairs function, to achieve One CSIRO outcomes.
- The ability to build and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders that help to achieve positive outcomes.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Friday, 22nd February 2019