- Build out Data61's National data spatial strategy
- Help create Australia's data driven future
- Join Data61- The largest data innovation group in Australia.
Data61 has an opportunity for a talented and experienced Product Manager with a passion for understanding users, a deep understanding of the technology sector, and a strong track record of translating market needs into real solutions.
In the role of Product Manager you will use your broad range of skills, tech/domain knowledge and networks to identify high-value market/customer problems in areas of strategic importance to Data6, and develop product strategies and roadmaps for selected opportunities. In areas where Data61 prioritises investment in product/platform development, you will work closely with development and research teams in order to develop/pilot Minimum Viable Product (MVPs) or achieve other outcomes that support the relevant commercial strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will need to develop sound working relationships with all parts of Data61, including Engineering & Design, Business Development & Commercialisation, and research function. The ability to influence teams and build strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders is critical to this role where the primary focus will be on building out Data61’s national spatial data strategy in conjunction with our partners.
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Salary: $134K - $148K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or business management or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Proven ability to anticipate and manage significant issues, often in ambiguous situations, by evaluating and interpreting complex information and developing creative solutions and contingencies.
- Demonstrated track record in product management and translating research to meet market needs engaging high-value solutions and outcomes.
- Outstanding ability to engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders and identify key problems and user-needs.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to achieve high-impact outcomes and build a high-performing, collaborative and cohesive environment.
- Deep knowledge and skills around new technologies and the tech sector with a strong track record in technology innovation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
For more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
3 March 2019