- Excellent opportunity for an experienced Research Scientist
- Add value through assisting in leading research projects in cyber security
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Senior Principal Research Scientist in Cyber Security.
In this position you will lead a team of researchers, Postdoctoral fellows and students to be at the forefront of novel and world class research, leading to reputed international publications in top tier security conferences. You will be able to define, write, lead and manage both strategic and industry projects in the Distributed Security.
This is a part time position of 2 days per week. Hours as discussed with the hiring manager.
Your duties will include
- Provide a science leadership in the cybersecurity.
- Bring international collaboration and recognition to the organisation.
- Carry out innovative, impactful cyber security research of strategic importance to CSIRO Data61 that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Provide leadership in writing new strategic/client research proposals and the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
Location: Marsfield NSW
Salary: AU$162,800 - AU$204,400 plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pro rata)
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area or relevant work experience, such as security, privacy or a closely related field and significant professor level work experience in the area of cyber security.
- High level written and oral communication skills demonstrated through publications and collaboration with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences, and a range of different audiences.
- Demonstrated professor level of experience in conducting research activities in cyber security, more specifically in the area of automating cyber security, building resilience systems, IoT security, applied cryptography and/or cyber security governance and awareness; evidence from the top tier research publications such as IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, Crypto and Eurocrypt.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 28 April 2019 at 11.59pm AEDT