- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on Data Innovation Outcomes
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the Digital Innovation Arm of Australia’s Largest Science Agency, the CSIRO
The role of the Program Coordinator is to provide broad administrative services to support the effective provision of Analytics & Decision Sciences (A&DS) activities within Data61. This involves the development and implementation of systems and procedures that will assist the team to achieve their objectives.
We are looking for an exceptional communicator who can coordinate materials needed for reviews and reports, draft responses to information requests, as well the coordinate internal and external meetings and events, including booking rooms, resources, travel, transport, equipment, catering and meeting minutes. The ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders will be critical to this position.
Your duties will include
- Providing support to the Research Director and leadership team on dealing with issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties
- Managing or contributing to administrative projects or issues as necessary (e.g. scholarship program, visiting scientists, publication records)
- Providing general administrative support for program, group and team activities
- Establishing and maintaining electronic document management systems in accordance with CSIRO's record management standards
- Maintaining registers/logs related to specific operational requirements relevant to Data61 operations
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of technical documents and presentation material.
Location: Docklands, VIC
Salary: AU$62K - AU$79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Previous experience in providing secretarial or administrative support to a line manager and/or team in a fast paced and complex environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and in using enterprise wide business systems (such as TRIM, SAP, and travel systems or similar programs) to manage workflow processes and on?line transactions
- Experience working effectively in a team and positively contributing to the team environment
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey information and ideas and establish effective interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work independently under limited direction and to show initiative and adaptability when managing competing demands to ensure all tasks are monitored and completed
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise demands, and escalate issues when required
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological, structural and procedural changes, and a demonstrated ability and willingness to change ideas, and maintain professionalism and flexibility.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:00 AEST 4th May 2019