- Support CSIRO’s Data61 – Australia’s leading digital research network
- Provide financial support to leadership teams to enable effective strategic and tactical decision making
- Provide strong leadership to a team in a dynamic and geographically dispersed environment
As a Finance Manager with CSIRO you will be a key supporter of a specific Business Unit (BU) and its Leadership Team; in this case Data61. You will help CSIRO achieve its strategic financial goals by providing insightful, timely information to help stakeholders make optimal financial decisions. As part of this role, you will have responsibility for ensuring adherence to accounting standards and CSIRO’s policies.
CSIRO is a CPA recognised employer.
Your duties will include
- Ensuring effective team performance by supporting the development of team members.
- The provision of 4-year financial plans, scenario modelling and financial road map to the BU Management team.
- Informing BU management of capability utilisation, KPI progress and other efficiency trends.
- Delivering project support services and managing all financial processes linked to central CSIRO.
- Highlighting risks and opportunities through exception/compliance reporting and Business modelling.
- Managing the reporting of assurance issues and the follow-up of remediation actions.
- Leading or participating in Finance transformation activities, Financial Management virtual teams and other organisational initiatives.
- Helping to align the goals of the BU with broader CSIRO objectives.
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders and positively influencing both commercial agreements and internal strategic management outcomes.
Location: South Eveleigh (Sydney) New South Wales
Salary: AU $113k to AU $132k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of approximately 2 years (ending 30/06/21)
Reference No.: 61740
To be considered you will hold professional qualifications in Accountancy - CA / CPA / CIMA / ACCA. You will also have:
- The ability to anticipate and solve complex problems with a balanced sense of urgency.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting and a proven ability to quickly learn new financial policies and procedures.
- Experience leading teams and fostering environments that encourage new ideas, knowledge transfer and the development of emerging skills.
- The ability to operate at a strategic level to deliver BU and organisational objectives.
- Flexibility in thinking, including the ability to adapt to and manage organisational change.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using the MS Office Suite and SAP.
- Experience developing processes that drive financial strategy and associated KPIs.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (paying particular attention to the criteria outlined at the 'Position Details' link above).
Thursday 13 June, 2019 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.