- Are you ready for a new challenge?
- Help build the next generation of secure technologies!
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
The successful candidate will work closely with other software engineers, researchers, DevOps engineers, the project lead and our User Experience team to realise real-world applications for data-driven research projects and technology innovation, with the goal of building software systems that make more data more available, while still maintaining privacy.
Strong communication skills and a collaborative focus are essential to this role, as we are a team with expertise in various disciplines that needs to work together cohesively to deliver best in class outcomes.
Your duties will include
- Design, build and enhance distributed privacy preserving software systems and ensure their implementation is secure, efficient and maintainable.
- Research, design and prototype solutions to secure distributed protocols.
- Implement software engineering best practices including peer code reviews and continuous integration.
- Write documentation for the software as appropriate (including, as appropriate, comments in source code and technical documentation).
- Think creatively, prototype new ideas and see them through to production, while working to deadlines.
- Collaborate with engineering, research, UI/UX and business teams.
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$113,338 - AU$132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or engineering discipline including: Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Extensive experience developing in Python (3.x preferred).
- Demonstrable understanding of cryptographic mathematical concepts.
- A history of developing robust and secure applications. (We love code examples – please send us anything you have developed that we can look at, e.g. open source projects).
- Ability to collaborate and grow with a multidisciplinary, regionally dispersed software engineering team.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Friday July 5th, 2019