- Deliver world-class science to the market as software products
- Exciting opportunity - work on cutting-edge cloud software tech stack
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
The Full Stack Developer will build cloud software prototypes and products from CSIRO research and technology. Digital agriculture is a key focus of the team.
Your duties will include
- Front end development
- Back end development
- Python Django
- REST APIs
- Reactive programming
- Relational, NoSQL, time series and spatial databases
- Cloud devops, mainly AWS
- A key part of the role is to work collaboratively with project team members and others across CSIRO to ensure that project goals are achieved
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD
Salary: AU $98,735 to AU $132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in software engineering
- Expertise developing and deploying cloud software
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practises: version control, unit testing, automated testing, issue tracking
- At least 3 years of commercial software development experience
Additional essential criteria for CSOF6 appointment:
- Deep expertise developing and deploying cloud software
- Experience mentoring junior software developers
- At least 5 years of commercial software development experience
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.