- Are you a motivated, early career scientist with interest in Cyber Security?
- Want to collaborate closely with some of the best cyber security researchers in Australia?
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
In the role of Postdoctoral Fellowship in DATA61's Distributed Systems Security group, you will focus on microarchitecture based or relevant security, side-channel attacks, and be adaptive to new emerging security areas.
The Research Fellow is expected to have a solid knowledge of microarchitecture and cybersecurity, conduct research both collaboratively and independently, leading to reputed international publications across microarchitecture and system security such as IEEE S&P, IEEE Micro, ACM CCS, NDSS, USENIX Security, or similar conferences and top tier transactions.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to cyber security that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals.
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences.
- Provide leadership to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the Data61.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
Location: Marsfield, NSW
Salary: AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, electrical engineering, information technology or communication engineering.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Proven ability to conduct high quality research, development and implementation in microarchitecture based system security and side channel attacks with publications in the top tier security conferences IEEE S&P, IEEE Micro, ACM CCS, NDSS, USENIX Security, or similar level conferences and journals in other domains.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research activities in one of the research field such as row-hammer attacks, hypervisor-based security, system security.
- Experience in applying research outcomes in solving practical/industry problems, preferably in the area of cloud computing and IoT system security.
- Experience in applying machine learning to achieve privacy.
- Experience in developing security, privacy and trust solutions for distributed systems architecture and platforms.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
- Applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role by December 2020/January 2021.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
CSIRO's Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO. We are creating Australia's data-driven future.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 18 October, 2020 11:00pm AEST