Research Software Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Software Engineer
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive, and truly flexible environment
- Help solve big, complex problems that make a real difference
- Exposure to one of the largest collections of research and development expertise in AI and Cyber Security
Data61’s mission is to solve Australia’s greatest data-driven challenges through innovative science and technology.
We are seeking a Research Software Engineer to help us achieve this mission, with a specific digital technology focus on Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security. You will be a vital member of our team and have a direct impact on the protection of our society, government, and industry from highly advanced malicious cyber actors using machine intelligence.
The Research Software Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of software systems, frameworks and platforms with novel robust artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) techniques that empower organisations and people against sophisticated cyber attacks.
If this mission resonates with yourself, and you would like to get involved as a key member of our team, please continue reading on and apply – we would love to hear from you!
Your duties will include:
- Hands on delivery of impact from cyber security research in Data61 to industry, government, and society.
- Design, develop and adapt experimental methods, systems, software and/or user experience with novel robust AI and ML algorithms. These will include:
o Natural language processing (NLP) techniques against sophisticated cyber attacks
o Cyber security measures for malware detection, phishing detection, identity management, vulnerability and threat analysis, risk assessment, etc.
- Develop novel techniques to produce enhanced results, provide researchers with new or improved approaches to research or technological problems in AI and Cyber Security.
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs, address problems promptly and in a constructive manner and take personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Facilitate high involved work due to the unique nature or unusual features and complications.
- Involved in the creation of original user experiences, the design and development of original technologies, and/or the development of original experimental or observational techniques and insightful interpretation of data.
- Participate in project scoping and planning, making significant contributions to the research or technological direction, and may advise on the level and type of services that are provided.
Location: Sydney NSW
Salary: AU$100k - AU$109k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite Full-Time
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, other relevant field, or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Solid engineering and software development skills, with experience in writing scalable, high performance, production quality code.
- Proficiency in a wide range of programming languages including Python, Java, C/C++, Go or equivalent.
- Proficiency in using RDBMS and NoSQL such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sqlight, MongoDB.
- Proficiency in front end development, especially using node.js, Angular 10+, ReactJS, VueJS or equivalent.
- Experience in using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) methods, including natural language processing (NLP) software tools and libraries (e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch, NLTK, etc.) for solving complex problems.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21 October 2021, 11:59pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 21 Oct 2021
- NSW - Sydney
- AU$100k - AU$109k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Engineering - Software
Research and Development