Energy Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
As a Science Lead in Data61, you will design and lead a Digital Energy strategy for Data61 as a part of the team. Among other stakeholders, you will be working alongside science leaders from the CSIRO Energy Business Unit. You will build strong collaborative relationships, both internally and with energy sector participants including research, regulation, and policy sectors, to enable suitable AI technologies to be developed and deployed, which will be a vital part of this role.
for your application to be successful you will have existing recognition in the Energy sector, whether academic or in industry. You will have a sustained record of achievement delivering, through vision and influence, world-leading developments that have a whole industry impact.
Your experience will include:
- Being well regarded in the Energy Sector here in Australia (academic or industry) and recognised for your contributions to a large research or technology programs;
- Involvement with large multi-disciplinary teams across a science or technology areas;
- Creating and/or maintaining strategic alliances;
- Implementing and developing research-related activities which are fully aligned with strategy;
- Possessing a successful track record in science or technology-related project delivery;
Location: We will consider all locations where CSIRO has a significant presence
Salary: AU$141k - AU$212k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Original contribution to science and/or engineering resulting in a significant influence on a field of research and/or its transfer to industry/community in the Australian Energy sector
- Portfolio and funding base expanded, with project delivery outcomes within the agreed timeframe and budget allocation.
- Collaborations including research beneficial to project goals and productive relationships with clients and industry consultancies.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. CSIRO recognises that a candidate's capability to perform a role can be demonstrated in a variety of ways and encourages candidates to address the role criteria with this in mind.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 19 Jun 2022
- AU$141k - AU$212k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management and Supervisory
Research and Development