Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Team based, collaborative culture.
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive, and truly flexible environment.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
As a Project Manager within CSIRO's Data61, you will be working as part of a diverse team including scientists, engineers, and user experience designers to transform the project requirements into deliverables. Your success in this role will be your ability to adhere to tight deadlines and maintain key project documentation. The Project Manager is the conduit across different teams and agencies, and we are seeking someone who is highly adaptable and responsive to stakeholder needs.
Your duties will include:
- Create project plan(s) and ensure any updates are circulated and approved by team leads, project team members and the client as required.
- Establish Scrum (or similar) and Agile project management structures.
- Develop budgeting tools to capture, monitor and report project financials.
- Communicate clearly and consistently to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including clients and project partners.
- Work closely with the CSIRO Technical Lead, Product Management, UX and developers.
- Remove project blockers, organise workshops and team meetings, new team member onboarding, training and general team morale building exercises.
- Take personal responsibility for client satisfaction, and correct problems promptly and in a constructive manner.
Location: Any major CSIRO sites in Australia
Salary: AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 per annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant Project Management qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience using a variety of methodologies.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks within agreed priorities, timeframes and accountabilities.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological, structural and procedural changes, maintaining professionalism and flexibility.
- Experience with project tracking software such as Jira.
- Experience working with and/or implementing Agile methodologies.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
24th July 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 24 Jul 2022
- AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 per annum plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
Research and Development