- Are you ready for a challenge?
- Take your career to another level
- Join CSIRO's Data61 team - the largest innovation group in Australia!
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO's Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Data61 is looking for a Software Engineer to work within the Enterprise Analytics team and contribute to research in data analytics and commercial project delivery, applying their expertise in engineering and software coding, and writing scalable, high performance, production quality code.
Specifically you will:
- Design and code software modules for a data analytics platform.
- Review security and quality of software.
- Write and maintain tests.
- Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team to undertake independent scientific investigations and carry out associated tasks under the guidance of senior Research Scientists/Engineers.
- Under the guidance of team leader, work collaboratively and honestly with internal and external colleagues, clients and partners to help define and satisfy objectives for small to medium research projects.
- Assist in leading small research projects.
- Provide coaching and on-the-job training to technical staff and students to ensure experiments are established in accordance with research design.
Location: Eveleigh, Sydney NSW
Salary: $59,636 to AUD $75,900 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Term: Specified term of 1 year
To be successful, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary degree (e.g. computer science, physics or mathematics), or equivalent working experience;
- Solid engineering and software coding skills, with experience writing scalable, high performance, production quality code.
- Experience working in an iterative development and design process
- Relational and NoSQL database experience: PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Demonstrated ability to provide coaching and on the job training, recognise and support staff achievements and foster open communication in the team.
- Experience in mobile apps development (iOS & Android) and knowledge in GPU Computing (CUDA) and Cloud-based development (Hadoop and Spark) is desirable.
- Familiarity with PHP, AngularJS, and Node.js and knowledge in Machine Learning and Computer Vision is a great bonus.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT on Tuesday 7th March 2017
This is a readvertised role. Previous applicants need not apply.