Senior Software Engineer
- Add your superior software engineering skills to a high-performance team
- Deliver products that benefit the Australian community & economy
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Engineering & Design program, you will work closely with software engineers, researchers and our user experience team to build products from Data61 research and technology. You will produce innovative software for commercial and government customers. As part of the Smart Infrastructure Engineering team, you will apply sensing, machine learning and cloud technologies to a range of applications, from monitoring of civil infrastructure to precision agriculture.
As a Senior Software Engineer with demonstrated experience in developing complex data-intensive, distributed applications, you will use your toolkit of modern development skills:
- Imperative (Python) and functional (Scala, Haskell) programming languages
- Web application stack (frontend/single-page apps, server-side rendering, RESTful APIs, backend services)
- Design patterns: microservices, CQRS, event sourcing
- SQL and NoSQL database design: administration, performance tuning, schema design and modelling, stored procedures, triggers, clustering, query design and evaluation
- Linux/UNIX and cloud development (AWS and others)
- DevOps (Ansible, CloudFormation) and virtualisation/container (Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant) technologies
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment (Jenkins)
- Message queues (Kafka, Kinesis, NATS, RabbitMQ)
- Agile project management
Location: Eveleigh NSW
Salary: AU $106K - $124K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrated senior expertise in software architecture, design and implementation, delivering robust and maintainable code to solve business problems
- Experience with varied programming language paradigms (procedural/object-oriented/functional, static/dynamic typing)
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practises: version control, unit testing, automated testing, issue tracking
Please view the full position details and instructions on how to apply here: Position Details
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Sunday 05 March 2017