- Solve challenging R&D problems using a cutting-edge tech stack
- Deliver products that benefit the Australian community & economy
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
As a Front End Developer in the Engineering & Design program, you will work closely with software engineers, researchers and our user experience team to build products from Data61 research and technology. You will produce innovative software for commercial and government customers. As part of the Smart Infrastructure Engineering team, you will develop user interfaces for a range of applications, from monitoring of civil infrastructure to precision agriculture.
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React, Aurelia or Angular
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practises: version control, unit testing, automated testing, issue tracking
- High-level communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to anticipate the interests and knowledge level of an audience and present information and feedback accordingly
- A Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering
Experience with any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Design of complex interactive applications driven by RESTful APIs
- Development for a range of browser environments, including mobile
- CSS pre- and post-processors (LESS, SASS, PostCSS)
- Cloud deployment (AWS EC2, S3, cloudfront)
- UI/UX design experience; confidence in making design choices
- Dynamic graphics manipulation, particularly using D3 or other SVG libraries
- Agile project management
Location: Eveleigh NSW
Salary: AU $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Please view the full position details and instructions on how to apply here: Position Details
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
This position will be open till filled