- Do you enjoy providing high quality customer service?
- Add value through innovative solutions to complex issues & maintenance of CSIRO Enterprise & HPC systems
- Join a team of dedicated professionals supporting ground breaking science
You as the successful applicant will work as a part of the Systems Team within Scientific Computing Platforms in CSIRO IM&T and will be a part of a group responsible for continuing support and maintenance of CSIRO enterprise and HPC systems.
You will be a part of a team who are responsible for the quality of the service delivered to clients, make significant contribution to service direction and in the application of adaptive and innovative solutions to complex and ambiguous issues across one or more service or technical streams.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s largest scientific research organisation and one of the largest and most diverse scientific organisations in the world. CSIRO’s work touches every aspect of Australian life: from the molecules that build life to the molecules in space. Working from sites across the nation and around the globe, CSIRO’s 5000 staff are focused on providing new ways to improve the quality of life, as well as the economic and social performance of a number of industry sectors through research and development.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian Citizen; with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1, Australian Government security clearance.
Location: Canberra ACT
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in programming, scripting and/or orchestration (programming experience at university or institute can be considered towards this)
- Demonstrated experience in system administration and advanced troubleshooting.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks under general direction in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applicants with less experience are encouraged to apply as they may be appointed at a lower level.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Thursday 26 April 2017