- Develop innovative software for commercial & Industrial customers
- Build internetworked data management platforms for the mining & mineral processing industry
- Join Mining3 – A global leader in mining research and innovation
You as the successful Internet systems programmer in Mining3 will work closely with software engineers, researchers and industry collaborators to build internetworked data management platforms for the mining and mineral processing industry. You will produce innovative software for commercial and industrial customers. You will lead the technical design of the system in collaboration with lead designer and apply database, machine learning and cloud technologies to create a distributed volumetric data management and analytics platform for data including exploration drill data, mine architecture, mine block models, assay data, material provenance and mill process information. You will also aid in the development and implementation of mining and mineral processing value chain models as part of the system.
A strong, demonstrated understanding current technical best practice in developing complex, data-intensive, distributed applications is essential for this role.
Location: Pullenvale QLD
Salary: $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term appointment
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equibalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in software architecture, design and implementation, delivering robust and maintainable code to solve business problems
- Experience with varied programming language paradigms (procedural/object-oriented/functional, static/dynamic typing), imperative (e.g. C/C++/C#, Java, Python) and functional (e.g. Scala, Haskell) programming languages focussed on cloud computing applications
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practises: version control, unit testing, automated testing, issue tracking
- Linux/UNIX and cloud development (e.g. AWS and others)
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Monday 1 May 2017