- Do you have a Linux, Web Development and Information Visualisation background?
- Contribute to multiple projects across HRPPC, a world class plant analysis facility at CSIRO
- Integrate robotics, imaging and computing platforms to achieve CSIRO's Agriculture's objectives
CSIRO and the High Resolution Plant Phenomics Centre are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineer.
The HRPPC is a world-class plant analysis facility located at CSIRO, Black Mountain in Canberra. It provides a new set of tools for Australian and International Plant Scientists to explore plant gene function and develop higher-yielding crops better suited to current and future environmental challenges. The centre exploits recent advances in robotics, imaging and computing to enable sensitive, high throughput analyses to be made of plant growth and function.
Specifically you will:
- Design, implement and test internal and client facing software/websites as part of a team.
- Maintain detailed technical documentation for produced computer code;
- Work with image analysts to create/test computer vision algorithms and related workflows;
- Maintenance of cluster and cloud computing pipelines;
- Creation of websites for presentation of scientific results.
- Development and maintenance of Linux & windows software to work with automated data collection systems
- Integration of existing systems with Splunk.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra, ACT
Salary: $59K to $75K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term until 30 June 2018
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent related field.
- At least 12 months of programming experience in an industry/research environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of languages such as Python, Java, C++, SQL and Bash. With a proficiency version control systems such as Git.
- Willingness and ability to act in a support-oriented role with a high level of adaptability to client demands and team priorities.
- Web development experience including development using PHP, HTML, CSS3.
- Ability to work constructively and effectively in teams under short timelines delivering high quality work.
- Ability to communicate in a fluent and courteous manner, both orally and in writing.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is one of the largest and most diverse scientific organisations in the world. By igniting the creative spirit of our people, we deliver great science and innovative solutions that benefit industry, society and the environment.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here:Position Details
Please Note: Only applications that address the Essential Criteria will be considered by the Selection Committee.
Application Process: Please note, should you be successfully shortlisted after application you will be sent online testing to complete before moving to a face to face interview. This testing will need to be completed within 48 hours of you receiving the test. If you are unable to complete the testing your application cannot be considered
Applications close: 11:59 PM AEST Sunday 6th of August 2017.
Please note applications will be shortlisted as received and interviews held immediately, apply today as we reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement should the position be filled before the closing date. Previous applicants need not reapply.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.