Decadal Forecast Scientific Programmer - Ocean Data Analyst
- Add value to the making of useful climate forecasts
- Multiple positions available in Hobart
- Apply your skills in a dynamic role with a supportive team at CSIRO!
The successful candidate will design, develop and implement software tools to provide data streams for assimilation and assessing the CSIRO Climate Analysis Forecasting and Ensemble (CAFE) System.
You will require novel computational and analysis techniques to provide reliable gridded data products from heterogeneous data streams. You as the successful applicant will join a dynamics group of researchers interested in the climate system and the applications of models to make useful climate forecasts.
Location: Hobart TAS
Salary: $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree in Mathematics, Physics and/or scientific programming and computational analysis or relevant discipline area.
- High level computational programming and analysis skills.
- Advanced knowledge of numerical methods for scientific computing.
- Excellent knowledge of computer languages (e.g. Fortran90, Python, Matlab) and netcdf data formats
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Friday 16 June 2017