- Are you an experienced in Data and Collections Management?
- Undertake important systems work with the Australian National Insect Collection.
- Don't miss this opportunity to help CSIRO manage and maintain important data!
The CMS Collections Data Manager will work primarily with the Australian National Insect Collection (ANIC) as well as other National Research Collections Australia (NRCA) collections to manage and administer the Collection Management System (CMS) and Specimen Data (including but not limited to standards, processes, policies, integration, innovation, entry and quality).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage data entry
- Integrate and work closely on a daily basis with collections staff
- Report to the CMS Manager, Collections Group Leader and ANIC Collection Manager on a regular basis on progress and the CMS
- Perform the role of a CMS Super User
- Provide advice and look for innovation and process improvement opportunities
- Assist with the provision and maintenance of all system documentation
- Work closely with the NRCA Digitisation Team and manage the data produced, ensuring quality, ingestion and compliance.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra, ACT
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / Ongoing
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Certificate or tertiary qualification, such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Experience in the management and administration of large data management systems and provision of user support.
- Experience and understanding of data management, including data standards, data quality and data analytics.
- Experience with writing and maintaining system documentation.
- Understanding of and experience with data standards.
- Experience with data entry.
- Demonstrated ability to actively identify issues and initiate and collaborate in the development of collection management solutions.
- Proven ability to make or coordinate low level customisation e.g. extend lists, run ad hoc reports, adapt processes etc.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter providing enough information for the selection panel to assess your suitability against the essential criteria.
To view the full position details and selection criteria click here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 14 August 2017.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.