- High profile, high impact, newly created role
- Attractive salary package, high level of autonomy
- Make a difference to Australia
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO’s Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia’s future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
This position represents an exciting leadership opportunity focussed on the delivery of research projects across Data61. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring optimal delivery and coordination of programs and projects across Data61 to ensure the successful delivery of innovative research projects delivering benefit to Australia. You will assist with the day to day running of the Business Unit through operational planning, reporting, oversight of research programs and the provision of specialist advice and coaching; and assist and facilitate the formulation and delivery of the Business Unit’s strategy.
Salary: Attractive Salary Package
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in business management or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of recent program management with experience running a diverse range of engineering or ICT projects.
- Demonstrated recent success in delivering required program outcomes to meet business needs.
- Demonstrable experience in preparing written reports for Executive teams and Boards.
- Knowledge and experience in using project management tools, systems and strategies.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams including leading the coordination of diverse groups of professionals to deliver results, preferably in supporting a research environment.
- Highly developed skills in guiding, influencing and developing relationships with a diverse client and stakeholder base.
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot and overcome obstacles to a satisfactory resolution.
- Proven ability to build enduring relationships across functions and levels in a complex organisation.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO Data61: In today’s data-focused world, there’s no doubt that numbers count. Data61 are the largest data innovation group in Australia, a connector that brings together technology innovators, businesses and universities to transform Australian industry and to help solve our greatest challenges. A CSIRO business, we are creating our data-driven future.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, Monday 24th September 2017