- Are you skilled in working on large scale, high performance computing environments for large data sets?
- Join CSIRO Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Opportunity to experiment with new technologies
Data61 has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to work on large scale, high performance computing environments for confidential computing. We are seeking people with proven expertise in designing and implementing high-performance distributed compute environments for very large data sets. We can provide flexible working hours, ownership of projects, freedom to experiment with new technologies and the ability to learn and grow to your full potential.
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. We are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia’s future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
Ref No.: 45731
To be successful you will need:
- A masters and/or equivalent engineering experience in a relevant discipline area, such as big data analytics, distributed computing, or system architecture.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages in an industrial engineering context: Java, Scala, Python, C++, and any distributed programming, message-processing frameworks.
- More than one year of working in industry in a comparable position.
- Experience in one or more of the following: large scale distributed computing, data analytics, data provenance, cloud computing.
- Experience measuring and analysing the performance of large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled.