- Assist us with maintaining the quality of data in our CRM
- Utilise your exceptional customer service skills & attention to detail in this pivotal role
- Part-time role in our Project & Revenue Support Centre team at CSIRO
CSIRO are looking to appoint a CRM Data Officer who will play a vital role in improving and maintaining the quality of our Customer and Contact data in the CRM. You will sit within the Finance Support Centre, but will work closely with Business Development & Commercial (BD&C), Finance, and Scientific staff to meet the increasing operational demand for improved Customer and Contact data quality, and clear CRM processes, systems and reporting.
You will be a key contact point related to operational customer data maintenance queries and requests and you will be responsible for general maintenance, enquiries, quality checks, data audits, and reporting of the Customer Relationship Management related systems - SAP and Microsoft Dynamics. Maintenance and improvement of quality data in these enterprise systems to support customer relationship management, project management, operations, reporting and business analysis at all levels is also required. This includes proactively identifying and escalating issues and improvement suggestions to customer data and surrounding processes.
Furthermore, given the close exposure to customer maintenance processes, you will have a high level of involvement in the development, testing, and production of system upgrades, and system and process improvements surrounding customer maintenance. You will collaborate closely with Information Management & Technology (IM&T) and BD&C in a constant attempt to improve our CRM related systems.
Given that this role sits within the Project & Revenue Support Centre, there will be heavy interaction with both the Accounts Receivable and Project Support Centres. As a result the CRM Data Officer will provide backup Project and Accounts Receivable support. Conversely, the CRM Data Officer will receive backup support from these two Support Centres.
Please note that this a part-time role (0.8FTE).
Your duties will include:
- Methodically reviewing and actioning requests for new, or changes to, Customer and Contact records in CSIRO’s Dynamics CRM system, and ensuring alignment with SAP.
- Proactively managing CRM data integrity by identifying and cleansing inaccurate or duplicate data.
- Further enhancing CRM data by proactively reaching out to Customers and Contacts to compile missing data and update old records.
- Creating and maintaining Dynamics CRM related Dashboards and views as required.
- Generating and customising other customer reports as per required business needs.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
Location: Brisbane (Pullenvale), QLD
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time)
Specifically you will need:
- Good working knowledge of SAP processes and CSIRO standards and procedures.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Customer Relationship Management (customer maintenance) experience, specifically in relation to the maintenance of a customer database.
- Positive stakeholder management – ability to positively collaborate with different business units
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads in order to meet tight deadlines and KPIs, whilst maintaining a high attention to detail and level of data accuracy
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, Tuesday 17th October, 2017