- Ready for a challenge? Take ownership of one of our platforms
- Add your superior software dev skills to a high-performance team
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Lead Software Developer to take ownership of a recently created SaaS platform.
Data61 have created a platform which connects students with innovative companies. You as the successful candidate will take ownership of this platform. You will lead the development activities and manage the end to end operation.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Software development, code design and software architecture design
- Define the technology stack and roadmap
- Set and maintain appropriate coding standards and practises
- Manage the code repository, continuous integration and release processes
- Ensure system quality and stability alongside the testing team
Location: Sydney NSW
Salary: AU$109K - AU$128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- Trades Certificate, Assoc Diploma, Diploma, Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience as a lead developer or software architect on a software as a service application
- Extensive experience working as a back-end and front-end developer. (i.e. a full stack developer). Will consider applicants who are primarily back-end with some front-end capability, as there is the potential to pair with a font-end dev.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Find out more! CSIRO Balance
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions. Where text responses are required, to avoid being timed out of the system we recommend that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the appropriate area prior to submitting your application.
Applications Close: Open till filled.