- Make an impression in this high profile, newly created role
- Challenging and autonomous with an attractive salary package
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Chief Operating Officer.
In this position you will manage operations. You will work independently, reporting to the CEO of Data61. Using your excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment and commitment to strong delivery; you will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Working within Data61 Executive Team oversee the project governance structure to ensure that teams deliver on time, on budget, and as planned.
- Work closely with the Business Development and Product Management teams to forecast capability requirements;
- Working with the Executive team lead the implementation and operationalise the Data61 strategy.
- Drive process improvements to all aspects of Data61 operations to allow teams members to do the best work of their careers.
- Drive systemic changes where needed within CSIRO to allow Data61 to achieve its operations objections.
Salary: $157K - $197K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Five or more years recent experience in a COO or General Management role.
- To be willing and able to undertake regular domestic travel.
- Proven management experience at a senior level; together with flexibility, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and environments and, when necessary, navigating through ambiguity
- Strong financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure and labour.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 12 December 2017