- Build revolutionary technology.
- Lead and deliver strategic projects for the digital economy
- Join CSIRO's Data61 Australia's largest data innovation group
The Data61 Insight Team conducts research and consulting work into foresight and strategy for the digital economy. We help governments, companies and communities anticipate what lies ahead and we help them make wise strategic and policy choices. This role is to develop new business opportunities and lead digital strategy, policy and foresight projects for internal and external clients in the public and private sector.
The Research Consultant will have outstanding consulting skills, research skills and business development skills. Reporting to the leader of the Data61 Insight Team, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate high levels of team work, collaboration, cooperative problem solving, initiative and independence.
Your duties will include:
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for delivering digital policy, strategy and strategic foresight projects to internal and external clients (in both the public and private sector)
- Comprehending client needs, scoping projects, prepareing and submitting high quality project proposals detailing project aims, methods, deliverables, outcomes, staffing and other contractual matters.
- Undertaking costing and pricing on research consulting projects to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget.
- Liaising with clients during all stages of project delivery and managing client expectations and be responsive to their needs ensuring high standards of customer service.
- Designing and delivering research analysis to inform clients about trends and drivers, risks and scenarios related to the digital economy and help them
- Writing reports and journal papers to a high standard of scholarly excellence which are at the same time succinct, relevant and easy-to-read and understand by non-technical audiences.
- Comprehending and describing ambiguous digital strategy and policy problems held by clients using techniques of research and analysis in-line with a world class research organisation.
- Leading diverse and multi-disciplinary research and consulting teams and managing project resources to deliver the desired outcomes.
- Delivering high impact presentations about research findings to audiences at community, professional, industry and government events.
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD
Salary: AU $95K to AU $103K plus up to $15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate or equivalent qualifications and experience demonstrating outstanding research skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver research and consulting projects to public and private sector clients in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports and prepare other materials for clients within the context of consulting and advisory work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business opportunities which generate consultancy and/or advisory projects from client organisations.
- Outstanding skills in research including literature review, methodological design, data analysis, interpretation of results and publication of findings.
- Outstanding project management skills including the management of project teams, budgets, timeframes and client relationships.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
About us: We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Data61 In today’s data-focused world, there’s no doubt that numbers count. Data61 are the largest data innovation group in Australia, a connector that brings together technology innovators, businesses and universities to transform Australian industry and to help solve our greatest challenges. A CSIRO business, we are creating our data-driven future! http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/D61
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications closing on Thursday 7 December 2017