- Apply your exceptional skills as a UX designer.
- Deliver real outcomes for people using data enabled technology.
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group.
CSIRO’s Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO's Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group brings together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Data61 is looking for a truly flexible and energetic Senior User Experience Designer to join their User Experience team, and to work as an internal consultant on project teams made up of world class data and technology researchers, software developers, business development and commercialisation specialists.
In this highly challenging, fast paced and unique business, you will work on client and emerging marketing facing projects, and will take responsibility of projects from inception to delivery, working collaboratively with stakeholders, users, developers and data scientists. The work will involve a range of projects that span multiple domains and new industries.
The Data61 User Experience team has an honest and open approach to UX, constantly reflecting and evolving, and you will be expected to contribute your knowledge and experience to improving the UX team's capability. We are also focussed on educating the rest of the business and innovation ecosystem about good user experience practise, and you will participate in various ways with us to achieve this by giving internal and external talks, writing blogs and demonstrating the value of design through your work.
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD (other locations may be considered)
Salary: An attractive salary package is negotiable
Ref No.: 52492
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent solid career informed skills development in design.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A minimum 5 years relevant professional career experience as a cross discipline user experience / generalist UX practitioner, including at least 2 years in a senior role.
- Hands-on commercial or applied experience in a production role.
- Demonstrate ability to lead early stage discovery activities.
- Proven ability to deliver solution designs for testing and iteration with development teams, or communicate insights by producing an appropriate level of conceptual communication.
- An understanding of the business side of UX and design including balancing stakeholder requests with user needs, conceptualisation and prioritisation under pressure.
- Practical experience with Agile and Lean development methods including design sprints and rapid prototyping.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) - We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply: When applying for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your cover letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position Description.
Applications close: Open unitl filled