- Would you like to manage a small & diverse team?
- Are you passionate about Digital careers and STEM education?
- Join the CSIRO Education and Outreach program
CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) is seeking an experienced educational leader. You will manage a small, multi-skilled, geographically dispersed team as well as procuring and managing external contractors and collaborators. You will join a national team, working closely with the Program Delivery Manager and other program and project teams to develop and implement education programs based on best-practice and demonstrated outcomes in STEM education. This role will involve travel to local and regional locations.
Your duties will include:
- Manage a small diverse team implementing the Digital Careers Program, ensuring contractual KPIs are met on time and on budget.
- Manage the development of customised resources to support the objectives of CSIRO Education and Outreach, CSIRO Services and CSIRO’s 2020 Strategy.
- Utilise expertise to identify, establish and maintain strong trusted advisor relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop and support implementation of education priorities that align with CSIRO’s strategy and objectives.
- Manage and take responsibility for developing work plans, allocating and monitoring resources and manage staff performance and career development.
Location: Negotiable, - Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide or Brisbane
Salary: $95k to $103k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30 June 2020
Ref no: 52944
To be successful you will have:
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in ICT or science, science education or communication.
- Highly developed interpersonal and networking skills including experience with negotiation and representation, and proven ability to establish and maintain strong and productive relationships and networks with colleagues, leaders and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience encompassing:
- strategic planning and execution, problem solving, effective team and budget management
- producing creative strategies delivered through an understanding of the Digital Technologies Curriculum and issues facing school ICT education
- building a high performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities across the team and wider education function that delivers high standards in service delivery, as well as technical output
- business acumen, including knowledge and/or experience working with relevant government departments and industry partners and an understanding of how to work effectively within these systems and frameworks
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEDT, 9 January 2018