- Are you passionate about science journalism?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Contribute to the research and thought-leadership work of Data61
We are looking for a report writer who will prepare written material for companies, governments and public audiences relating to the research, consulting, marketing and thought-leadership work of Data61. You will have outstanding skills in written communication and the ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical matters relating to digital technology for non-technical audiences.
The position is well suited to a science journalist. It will require the ability to handle tight timeframes and multiple tasks with high levels of team work, collaboration, cooperative problem solving, initiative and independence.
You will report to the Director of the Data61 Insight Team. The Data61 Insight Team conducts research and consulting work into digital economy trends, risk and scenarios to inform governments, companies and communities. The work of the Insight Team helps organisations design and implement strategies and policies to navigate digital disruption.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU $80K - AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as science communication or journalism.
- Demonstrated ability to write about scientific and technical matters for broad non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to high standards of academic rigour in the preparation of reports including correct citation and referencing and impartial/objective communication styles.
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasively and prepare marketing and/or thought leadership reports used for business development in a digital and/or technology context.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing tasks and deliver materials on time and on specifications according to the brief.
- Outstanding professional integrity and capacity to work well as part of a team being respectful and supportive of other team members and actively building a positive, productive and happy work culture.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Data61 is the largest data and technology innovation group in Australia with a fast paced innovation culture. Bringing together CSIRO's Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group brings together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia sourced by its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close at 10:59pm (AEST) on Monday 26th February 2018.