- Are you an experienced Software Engineer looking for your next challenge?
- Contribute to the prestigious research and development of an analytics program
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
At Data61 we bring together exceptional people from research and industry to create an ICT research Centre of Excellence in Australia. The Advanced Data Analytics in Transport (ADAIT) is a prestigious research and development team of Data61. The ADAIT team resides in the Analytics Program at Data61, one of the Top 5 world-leading research groups in its league.
The team has recently embarked on a Transport for NSW funded innovation program to develop a transport data analytics platform (referred to as the ADAIT Platform) for urban transport management. The ADAIT Platform aims to break the fragmented data view of the urban transport system, and establish an integrate data management and analytic capability. The platform is intended to provide analytics-as-a-service to end-users and capable of leveraging distributed data storage and cloud computing facilities. Additional information on the ADAIT team can be found at www.adait.io
You will work within the ADAIT team to contribute to research in transport data analytics and commercial project delivery by applying their expertise in engineering and software coding, and writing scalable, high performance, production quality code.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Ref No.: 56022
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant tertiary degree (e.g. computer science, physics or mathematics), and/or equivalent working experience.
- Solid engineering and software coding skills, with experience writing scalable, high performance, production quality code.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, C++ or equivalent.
- Proficiency in front end development, especially using node.js, Angular 4+, ngrx/store. Knowledge in D3 and highcharts is advantageous.
- Familiar with RESTFull API design/development using Spring Boot framework.
- Proficient or ability to learn GIS data analysis and visualization using GeoServer, GeoJson data format, postgis.
- Familiar with micro services architecture and deployment of services to the cloud using Docker.
- Experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and Hadoop.
- DevOps mindset and project automation experience including Linux containers, microservices architecture, continuous delivery to Amazon Web Services, real-time service monitoring.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve organisational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to allocate activities, directs tasks and manage resources to meet objectives. Provide coaching and on the job training, recognise and supports staff achievements and foster open communication in the team.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: Applications will close at 10:59pm (AEST) on Thursday 15th March 2018.