- Do you enjoy providing high quality customer service?
- Enjoy the challenge of working with a highly technical & geographically diverse team
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Information Management and Technology (IM&T) are seeking a talented IT-minded person to join the Client Services Delivery team to aid in the delivery of effective and timely IT support within CSIRO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the quality of the service delivered to your clientele. You will work on a broad range of both physical and technical problems, providing effective support to a wide range of CSIRO staff members.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1, Australian Government security clearance or undergo other employment suitability checks.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Deliver first contact remote IT support to provide both response and resolution in a timely manner to incidents or requests.
- Deliver IT support to provide resolution in a timely manner to problems or requests that require On Site attendance. Examples include:
- Deployment of PC desktops, laptops, LCD monitors, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Network Port patching
- Software fault assistance
- Conduct analysis of service contacts, classify contacts into service areas and assign to the relevant support groups via the service management toolset.
Location: Geelong VIC
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A formal tertiary qualification in an Information Technology field, or equivalent Information Technology experience.
- Ability to meet AAHL specific Security Assessment and Microbiological Security Requirements for Personnel Working on the AAHL Site (see “other information” within the Position Description).
- Previous experience in a customer service environment and supporting a broad range of IT services, including
- Network services, both local and wide area;
- Videoconferencing/IP telephony services;
- Microsoft Windows-based workstation environments in an Active Directory framework;
- PC hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Wednesday 21 March 2018