- Are you an experienced Senior Engineer?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Contribute to software architecture and blockchain-related technologies
CSIRO's Data61 are seeking a Senior Engineer to work on Blockchain projects within the Architecture & Analytics Platform team based at Eveleigh, NSW. The Architecture and Analytics Platforms team tackles major challenges in software architecture, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, data analytics, computing infrastructure, business process management, and dependability.
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term 2 years
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Computer Science / Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of databases (relational and/or NoSQL)
- basic knowledge in cryptography (symmetric/asymmetric encryption)
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations, and the ability to communicate about technical details with researchers.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close 10:59pm AEST on Monday 30th April 2018.