- Do you have a sound understanding of electrical/electronic control systems?
- Use your expertise to assist with upgrades and maintenance of food pilot plant equipment and systems
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is seeking to appoint an Electrical/Electronic Engineer.
You as the successful applicant will work as part of a team in research and development activities in the Food Processing Pilot Plant located on the Werribee site. You will be responsible for the efficient planning, scheduling and the execution of processing and equipment design for the development of innovative food products.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction from a senior Research/Process Engineer, take responsibility for the efficient planning, scheduling and execution of equipment design and development and processing of food products within the food processing pilot plant.
- Undertake upgrade, automation and maintenance of a wide range of pilot plant equipment, in particular process control hardware and software.
Location: Werribee VIC
Salary: AU$61K - AU$78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Control System Engineering; or equivalent experience in food industry; or A Grade electrician’s licence.
- A sound understanding and demonstrated capability in developing and programming of electrical/electronic control systems.
- Experience and knowledge of process control hardware and software and automation experience in an industrial environment preferably food industry.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Friday 03 August 2018