- Undertake high-impact research and invent the future!
- Be part of a world-leading team of dedicated professionals.
- Join Data61, Australia's largest innovation group.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Research Scientist to undertake computer vision research. As the successful candidate, you will contribute to multiple projects undertaken by the CSIRO and in collaboration with other academic and commercial partners. These projects will include the development and deployment of novel algorithms and tools that provide 3D reconstruction and/or visual Simultaneous Localization and Mapping. You will join the high-performing 3D Computer Vision Team at the CSIRO’s Data61, joining 600 other data science scientists building innovative solutions for Australia.
To be successful in this role you will be enthusiastic about making a hands-on contribution to solving the research challenges found multiple projects involving bionic vision, autonomous vehicle, or object detection using advanced machine learning methodology, especially deep learning.
For more information about this position click here: Position description document.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: $97K - $105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Job reference: 57665
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate in Computer Vision or a related discipline area, plus at least 3 years relevant post-doctorate research experience.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals such as competitive grants and attract commercial interest.
- A record of publications in leading, peer reviewed journals and conferences relevant to computer vision.
- Demonstrated experience in 3D computer vision such as reconstruction or Visual Localization and Mapping.
- Evidence of advanced programming skills and software design in languages relevant for computer vision research (e.g. C/C++, Python, MATLAB)
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description document
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
About CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close: Open until filled