- Are you interested in emerging technologies and how they are changing the way we work and live?
- Does your comms management experience include strategic planning and implementation across a number of areas in the marketing mix beyond media relations?
- Join our team and help promote Data61 research outcomes
As the Data61 Communication Manager, you will use communication and marketing expertise to develop, lead and deliver day-to-day communication activities. Building on your knowledge of emerging technologies and their impact, you will deliver a range of communication products and engagement activities which will promote Data61 as an innovation partner, increase awareness of science and technology achievements and further build on its brand reputation as a leading data science and technology brand that is making a positive difference to Australia’s societal, environmental and economic future.
As part of both the CSIRO Corporate Affairs team and the Data61 Business Development & Commercialisation team, you will report to the CSIRO Executive Communication Manager for Digital, National Facilities and Collections, with informal reporting line to the Data61 Commercial Director. Leading a team of five motivated communicators, you will align media relations, internal communications, social media and content and marketing efforts to position Data61 with external audiences as a leading R&D innovation partner, central to Australia’s science innovation agenda.
Specifically you will:
- Deliver the Data61 communication strategies and activities in a fast moving, multi-channel environment including social and rich media.
- Implement communication and marketing strategies to effectively promote our brands and strategic priority areas of research and technology.
- Lead, develop and manage a team, including the management of resources.
- Work closely with executives in the Data61 team, including the CEO, to provide advice on communication activities.
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with all stakeholders to understand their needs and issues and provide creative solutions.
- Support and enable researchers to represent Data61 and CSIRO in the media and other public forums.
- Develop strategies and processes to evaluate, and improve the effectiveness of, Data61 communication activities.
- Build Data61’s brand recognition within its target market and key audiences including industry, government and academia.
Location: Eveleigh (Sydney) New South Wales
Salary: AU $111k to AU $130k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 month term (maternity leave back-fill)
Job ref: 58316
As a minimum requirement, you will hold a tertiary qualification in Communication or a related field, or its equivalent.
For success in this role, you will have:
- Strong communication, leadership and negotiation skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
- Extensive communication and marketing experience (~8 years or more) in a Business to Business (B2B) role for corporate or technology brands.
- Some knowledge of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity, privacy, the internet of things, and how they impact the way we work and live.
- Communication management experience (see PD link below for details).
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and develop collaborative solutions in a complex customer service environment.
- Well-developed analytical and issues management skills.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more about Balance.
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Sunday 16 September, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.